ReAnimus Press Updates: 30+ New Books from Ben Bova, Norman Spinrad, Jerry Sohl, Wil McCarthy!
Mar 23, 2012 [permalink]
Things have been going great here at ReAnimus Press! This is such a cool gig.
We've released another bunch of great books from Ben Bova, and signed him to eight more.
The ones from Ben already available are:
- The Exiles Trilogy (When all the best of Earth's scientists are exiled to a space station, they decide to embark on an even grander adventure to the stars. An epic trilogy in one volume.)
- The Star Conquerors (Collectors' Edition) (Ben's most sought-after novel is now an ebook with the original Mel Hunter cover and an essay from Ben on the history of the book!)
- The Kinsman Saga (Chet Kinsman is an astronaut ace who has done everything in space—including committing the first murder. Kinsman has to confront his hidden past and decide Earth's destiny, in a desperate countdown to nuclear annihilation.)
- Colony (Island One is a celestial utopia, and David Adams is its most perfect creation—a man with a brain as advanced as any computer and a body free of human frailties. But David is a prisoner—a captive of the colony that created him—destined to spend the days of his life in an island-sized cylinder that circles a doomed and desperate home planet. David Adams has a plan—one that will ultimately ensure the salvation of his species... or its annihilation.)
- Star Watchmen (Mankind rules a giant galactic empire, but not all the worlds are pleased. Can the Star Watch prevent a revolt?)
- The Craft of Writing Science Fiction that Sells (Learn how to write SF from the master! Your guide, a best-selling author and six-time Hugo Award winner for Best Editor, explains step by step all the elements you need to write professionally selling science fiction.)
- The Weathermakers (After conquering everything else, the last frontier was... controlling Mother Nature! By the award-winning hard SF author of the Grand Tour series.)
- The Dueling Machine (Civilized, harmless virtual reality dueling has replaced all physical conflict — everything from punching someone over a personal insult to interstellar warfare... until a madman dictator of a small empire finds a way to cheat, and use the dueling machine to take over the galaxy!)
- And coming soon: As on a Darkling Plain, Escape!, The Multiple Man, The Winds of Altair, Test of Fire, Space Travel, The Story of Light, and Immortality. W00t!!
We're also releasing the works of Jerry Sohl, the acclaimed writer of episodes for Star Trek, The Twighlight Zone, Outer Limits, Alfred Hitchcock, a bunch of movies — and a lot of novels. The first six are live now:
- Night Slaves (What were all the people in the town doing at night that made them so sleepy during the day?)
- The Time Dissolver (How could they lose 11 years of their life—at the same time!?)
- The Transcendent Man (Are we the master of our own minds?)
- The Anomaly (She couldn't have a baby... Then she got pregnant—but with what?)
- The Haploids (What is a Haploid? Are YOU a Haploid? A new take on an age-old battle!)
- Point Ultimate (The freedom of the world depends on man's conquest of space...)
Plus a whole bunch more are in the pipeline for those love Twilight Zone and Star Trek type stories (which is, well, everybody... right?) :) I thought the covers for these turned out really cool too. Here's the whole array of covers to check out: [Jerry Sohl covers]
We've also inked a deal with Norman Spinrad for five more of his titles, which gives us:
- Bug Jack Barron (The famous banned book is back! You've heard of it, now you can read it! As relevant today as when it was written. With an Afterword by Michael Moorcok.)
- Experiment Perilous: The 'Bug Jack Barron' Papers (A must-read "Making Of" essay for all Readers and Writers of Science Fiction.)
- The Last Hurrah of the Golden Horde
("One of the greatest collections of science fiction short stories ever")
And coming soon:
- Passing Through the Flame
- Staying Alive - A Writer's Guide
- Fragments of America
- The Children of Hamelin
On top of that, we've got five awesome hard SF books from Wil McCarthy:
- Bloom (In 2106, microscopic machine/creatures escape their creators to populate the inner solar system with a wild, deadly ecology all their own, pushing the tattered remnants of humanity out into the cold and dark of the outer planets. Seven astronauts must embark on mankind's boldest venture yet—the perilous journey home to infected Earth!)
- Aggressor Six (An alien armada from the center of Orion makes its deadly way through the galaxy, destroying all human life in the process, and only Marine Corporal Kenneth Jonson and the Aggressor Six team can stop the onslaught.)
- Murder in the Solid State (David Sanger, an ambitious young physicist, attends a party at which a pompous older scientist, who just happens to have thrwarted the younger man's innovative ideas, is murdered. Suddenly it is not just David's career, but his life that is at stake. Are his ideas that important? Who's out to stop David from changing the world?)
- Flies from the Amber (Forty light years from earth, the colonists on the world of Unua have somehow managed to keep civilization struggling on, despite twice daily earthquakes...)
- The Fall of Sirius (The sequel to Aggressor Six, one of the major characters is wakened from a two-thousand-year cryostasis, and struggles to come to terms with the changes, including an unthinkable union.)
Wheeeeee! What can I say but, Is this the best job in the world? I'm having a blast with ReAnimus Press, and I hope you all enjoy the fruits of our labor too.