copyright?

For discussions relating to critique.org workshops in general, not for any specific workshop.
Forum rules
This forum is for questions that don't fit into a more specific workshop's forum. (If there's a more specific forum that's appropriate, please post there.) For example, a post about writing science fiction belongs in the SF writing forum, but a post about writing that applies to all writers could go here. Questions about the general nature of the critique.org workshops could go here, but not about a specific workshop.

Also see the forum rules at: http://critique.org/c/forums.ht
  • Ads

copyright?

Postby crit34617 » Mon May 21, 2018 1:02 am

hey guys, i'm a total newbie here.
i have a question,
i've seen guys sending their stories on the forum here. is this the way you should send your story for critters review? or this is one of the ways.
and the most important one. will my story be considered a published work if i post it here? if yes, that would be a major problem. please fill me in
crit34617
Name: Aydan Hasanli
Sprout

Re: copyright?

Postby crit19292 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:44 am

Since I do post my stories to the internet, I believe I am qualified to answer this question. Actually, you can post up to three chapters (assuming it is a novel) without it being considered published. While they are 'published,' the process allows for a writer to present a section of his work.

Yes, publishing to the internet is considered the same as publishing through any other method. Putting your work out where the public can consume it is publishing. Going with a small-time publisher or yourself is publishing, and that includes electronic media. To have it any other way would mean one is only publishing if you go with a big company, and the big companies do not want it that way (they want to rag you for NOT going with them).

Note that is why Critters has the rules it has on its methods of allowing authors to get reviews. Going through their queus with everything accessed by passwords protects the privacy of the work. Posting here on the forums however is public access, so considered published.
I will not deny myself having my opinions.
crit19292
Name: Roby Ward
Tree

• Ads

Return to General Workshop Forum