Question about ratio in sparsely-populated workshops

For discussions relating to critique.org workshops in general, not for any specific workshop.
Forum rules
This forum is for questions that don't fit into a more specific workshop's forum. (If there's a more specific forum that's appropriate, please post there.) For example, a post about writing science fiction belongs in the SF writing forum, but a post about writing that applies to all writers could go here. Questions about the general nature of the critique.org workshops could go here, but not about a specific workshop.

Also see the forum rules at: http://critique.org/c/forums.ht
  • Ads

Question about ratio in sparsely-populated workshops

Postby crit34535 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:28 pm

I have a question about how the participation ratio is calculated in sparsely-populated workshops, i.e. workshops that have only a couple of manuscript submissions or fewer per week.

The Mainstream/Literary Fiction Workshop, for example, has only two manuscripts in queue as of this writing, and both were up for critique the week of 28 Mar., 2018 (critiques due 4 Apr., 2018). There are no manuscripts available for critique this week.

My question is, if I were to join the workshop right now, how would I raise my participation ratio to 1 so I could submit a manuscript myself? And if there are still no manuscripts next week, or the week after, will those weeks with no manuscripts still count toward the calculation for my participation ratio? (I believe the formula is: number of manuscripts critiqued divided by number of weeks as member of workshop.)
crit34535
Sprout

• Ads

Return to General Workshop Forum