Co-Author?

For discussions relating to critique.org workshops in general, not for any specific workshop.
Forum rules
This forum is for questions that don't fit into a more specific workshop's forum. (If there's a more specific forum that's appropriate, please post there.) For example, a post about writing science fiction belongs in the SF writing forum, but a post about writing that applies to all writers could go here. Questions about the general nature of the critique.org workshops could go here, but not about a specific workshop.

Also see the forum rules at: http://critique.org/c/forums.ht
  • Ads

Co-Author?

Postby crit29811 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:58 am

Is anyone interested in co-authoring stories? At the moment, I am a bit of a practice writer, so I would rather do it for fun until I'm ready or until we feel we're ready. So, if you're interested, you can either post here and/or we can take it to private messages or e-mail or something?
crit29811
Name: Rebecca Higgins
Sprout

Re: Co-Author?

Postby crit15937 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:32 pm

Hey there. I saw this and wanted to check up on it. I actually do a lot better when I write with someone else. I think it is important though if we have similar interests so I will share my thoughts first. Hopefully we can work together.
I mainly like fantasy but I don't mind sci-fi. Typically I like stories that have a lot of different elements like a mix of romance, adventure, mystery and such. Right now my focus has been mainly stories with a male main character. I like stories where the character might have something slightly unique or special and he slowly grows and becomes really cool over the story. I also seem to like ones where the mc is hiding for some reason and suddenly bursts out with op awesomeness which slowly becomes recognized. Well there are a lot of variations that I like. The important thing for me is if the story is unique and the character grows and changes over time overcoming trials. It shouldn't be too easy for the main character. Still I do tend to like happy endings. One story I really liked is an anime/manga called "Rurouni Kenshin" I probably misspelled that. I am very into anime and manga so hopefully you know what I am talking about. I hope to hear from you soon wether we can work together. I would want to start on a story together, working over each step until we can submit it somewhere.
crit15937
Name: Shanna Larsen
Sprout

Re: Co-Author?

Postby crit32330 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:45 am

I'm interested. I've always wanted to co-write. I'm a few years late, though.
crit32330
Name: Keira Wilder
Sprout

• Ads

Return to General Workshop Forum