Flash Fiction Collaboration Opportunity

For the Critters workshop and writing SF/F/H in general.
  • Ads

Flash Fiction Collaboration Opportunity

Postby crit31328 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:58 am

Hello Fellow Critters,

For the past year and a half, I’ve run LARC-SciFi.com. It contains dozens of my flash fiction tales set in a universe where humanity has started their trek to colonize other worlds in colonial starships that will take a generation to reach their home worlds.

With a bit of SEO around phrases like “free scifi” I pull in a good amount of new traffic from the search engines. I’ve also got a project in Wattpad and Jukepop that funnels into the site, as well as links in my paperbacks and ebooks. I’m starting to get a bit of a buzz going.

I’d like to turn LARC-SciFi.com into a hub that highlights science fiction and fantasy writers, and I’ve got a unique, mutually beneficial method. Write a piece of flash fiction, set within one of the LARC colonial starships or set in Earth’s Stone Age, with a Ghostkin from A Paleolithic Fable. Under your tale, include a blurb about yourself and where LARC fans can find more of your work.

I’ll promote your story on my Facebook page, on my Goodreads Author page, the website’s blog, and if there is art, on my Instagram. If you tell your fans too, then we’ll be cross pollinating fans. Tell your writer friends, and their tale will get us more attention.

Read the “submission guidelines” for the legal stuff. I’ve got no interest in owning your intellectual property, beyond the right to put it on LARC-SciFi.com.

The reason this is different than simply selling a story into a venue or posting on novel platform like Wattpad and Jukepop is that LARC has a theme. My fans can rely on a few simple themes they have come to enjoy. However a universe is a big place and unique voices are welcome in mine!

I know I’ve spent hours trying to promote myself by requesting book reviews and doing social media stuff. Sometimes it pays off. What writers really need is to expose readers to samples of their work. I think “Your LARC Sci Fi” has met that goal.

Visit: http://www.larc-scifi.com/web-submission.html if you’d like to give it a try.

You can email me at shane_is_tall@yahoo.com with questions or comments.
crit31328
Name: Shane Thomas
Sprout

• Ads

Return to Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Writing