[Reposted from old comment system, from Adeena on Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:38:29 0000]
Great idea to set this up!
the following are various snippets I've had... use at your own risk!
- What if people used their bio-energy to fuel society (as a career?) - i.e., think a little matrix like, (but voluntary and not for the benefit of machines, but the benefit of humans). A person's job (or requirement as part of society) is to go to some place and get plugged in for 8 hrs a day
- (I wrote this idea down LONG before the movie "wall-e" came out - and then was surprised at the similarity - my thoughts had nothing to do w/ robots, tho - but the actual act of herding the population off the planet) The idea was that we have to get everyone off the planet, to someplace else, and then perform a massive renovation project. or - move them from one continent to another - shut a whole continent down. or - move everyone to boats while the land is renovated.
- i thought about writing about life in a new space hotel or spaceport from the point of view of one of the workers.
- Geo-caching - on a galactic scale
- "amnesia treasure hunt game" - your memory is intentionally erased and you are given clues to find out who/what you are.
hope this helps someone. If anyone writes something based on the above, I'd love to hear about it / read it!