Too Few in this Workshop

• Ads

Too Few in this Workshop

Postby crit26810 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:15 pm

So I have written a manga series that I would like to have critiqued but I cannot even get it on the queue due to my low ratio. There is not a valid story to critique in my workshop. I have joined a couple of other workshops and read through a couple of stories and my ratio for that workshop has increased but not for the manga workshop. How can I get people to read my story if there are no stories for me to get credit from? Anyone have any suggestions or know something I don't?
crit26810
Name: Carissa Farland
Sprout

Re: Too Few in this Workshop

Postby crit27096 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:27 pm

I just joined, so I will try to help you.
crit27096
Name: Thomas Shaner
Sprout

Postby crit27137 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:52 am

I just put in an item in the SF/F/H list, but I'm also an anime fan. If you're still around we'll try to find a way to look at it ?
crit27137
Name: Frank Johnson
Sprout

Postby aburt » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:08 pm

Hi, Carissa, each workshop maintains separate credit accounts (so that people critique in the areas that they want to be critiqued), though there is sharing of excess credits above the 75% minimum in another workshop. For example, if you had a 200% ratio in the SF workshop, some of that credit would carry over to manga -- based on a formula listed in the www.critique.org/c/extracredits.ht page -- but the idea really is for people to critique in the areas they create. Doing critiques really helps improve one's craft, so it shouldn't be viewed as some unrelated chore; it's very related and useful.

So, there is one piece up for critique in the manga workshop, which you should definitely critique.

And I'm not sure what you mean by not being able to get on the queue -- anyone can submit anything into the queue at any time, regardless of ratio. Just send it in. It will go on the list. What matters is what your participation ratio is the day it's scheduled to go out. You have until that day (or the day before) to get your ratio up to snuff.

Hope that helps clarify.
aburt
Name: Andrew Burt
Tree

• Ads

Return to Comics, Graphic novels, Manga, etc.