Too Few Submissions

• Ads

Too Few Submissions

Postby crit26505 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:07 pm

Hello, I recently joined the Kids Books workshop and would like to start critting (and to submit something to be critted), but right now there is only one offering and it's a request for a dedicated reader - which I am not prepared to commit to at this early stage in my membership.

How can I earn credits--and will I fall behind--if there are no other submissions?

Thanks!
crit26505
Name: Cheryl Angst
Sprout

Re: Too Few Submissions

Postby crit26505 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:47 am

Sorry, I read in the info at the top of the submission that critters who don't want to do the RFDR can review the portion posted for credit. So, I'm good with that point.

However, I did notice that this is the only submission - and it was held over from the previous week. If it's all that's available next week, how will I keep my credits up?
crit26505
Name: Cheryl Angst
Sprout

Postby aburt » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:58 pm

For the low volume workshops I try to watch and tweak things...
aburt
Name: Andrew Burt
Tree

Postby crit26474 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:45 pm

I'm new to the workshops as well, and just trying to get used to the general bullitine board format after being away from the Internet for a while. Perhaps I will be able to help with submission load when my turn for being critiqued comes up. I am currently working on children's picture books about 900 words or less, but I still love reading YA and commenting on it. So, I have more than one piece, but they should go fast :)
Don't sell out -- restock.
crit26474
Name: Catherine Darensbourg
Sprout

Postby crit26717 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:43 am

I'm wondering how to keep my credit up for the week that my own manuscript is sent out (seeing as how trying to critique my own would be pretty pointless).... I'm also new, but I'm getting the impression that the whole workshop is pretty much new. Anyway, I haven't been around long enough to boost my score with extra critiques, but I'm wondering how easy that will be to do in general. And with the Kids' Books being somewhat likely on a given week to have only one half-credit manuscript, I would think it would need tweaking with some frequency. So, do we just all critique whatever comes out and not worry about the half and whole credit thing? And can skipping a week when we have something of our own come out make our credit go down too low to get our next submission through the queue?
crit26717
Name: Elizabeth Van Deusen
Sprout

Postby crit27298 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:09 am

Hello!

I'm new here and happy to take part in kids/YA. If there are still too few let's just each recruit some new members!
crit27298
Name: Heather Brady
Sprout

Postby crit25568 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:28 pm

I've sent a few emails to the staff trying to get help on this, with no response what so ever, and I suppose I'm getting irritating but that's just because I'm getting worried. There is literally nothing we can do. Those of us who submitted our manuscripts and had them corrected in January have no access at all to our critiques, meaning the critique side of the board is worthless for us. Those of us wanting to keep our critique count up have no options as there is only one story to choose from which only counts for a half credit and it just keeps getting recycled.

So to review we have piece of the site that has officially been, for the moment at least, killed. I would like to submit another story, but I still want to see the corrections on my last one. If I just submitted anyway could we at least get some forward momentum? And even as things are now, what can I do for critiques? I already helped out on Visionaries. Should I critique the archived stories? The point is, what are our options here? Or should I just give up on this area and try to resubmit my story to the sci-fi area no matter how inappropriate it may seem, as this one is dead?
crit25568
Name: David Rempel
Sprout

Postby crit27421 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:57 pm

Yeah! It looks like we are starting to get some forward momentum going on this site. Thank you to all those who have recently posted allowing some of us to get those numbers up. Let's keep it up.
crit27421
Name: Sarah Negovetich
Sprout

• Ads

Return to Kids Books