Haven't been writing in years

Any sort of discussions. Levity yes, flames no.
  • Ads

Haven't been writing in years

Postby crit30443 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:44 am

Hi. I felt like posting, but wasn't sure what section on this forum. I used to belong to Critters in the late 90's, into the early 2000's. I was happy to see Critters still around, though wow it is different. I started writing again after ten years or so. It feels good, but I am craving the communicating with other writers. For weeks I have been working on a YA fantasy novel. I am almost ready to post the first five-ten pages, but I am nervous. I am just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation?

It is odd, I think. When I stopped writing to publish I did not feel bad at all. It was just something I used to do. Now I am so happy to be writing again.

Bonnie Mercure
crit30443
Name: bonnie mercure
Sprout

Re: Haven't been writing in years

Postby crit19292 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:41 am

Sorry that I am so slow replying, but not really certain what you were wanting. If it was someone to speak to, what about and in what capacity?

Note that I have recently started a YA novel, but I do not allow anyone to read anything until done and checked. Just not the way I do things. I do not mind talking about it, but if I am vague it is because I am working things out (my story, my mind, and I need to keep them working together).
I will not deny myself having my opinions.
crit19292
Name: Roby Ward
Tree

Re: Haven't been writing in years

Postby crit30443 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:25 am

Hi. I guess I was curious if anyone has ever taken such a long break from writing, and went back to it. That is all. I do kinda get a feeling this message board is not very active, so am glad people are busy writing. Just trying to look around the net a little to see if any good writing message boards still exist, or what, just to communicate with like-minded people. Sorry.
crit30443
Name: bonnie mercure
Sprout

• Ads

Return to Lounge