Scrivener program

Any sort of discussions. Levity yes, flames no.
  • Ads

Scrivener program

Postby crit25914 » Sat May 14, 2011 9:05 am

Have any of you heard of this new Word Processing program? Apparently it was designed specifically for authors. I stumbled across it doing a random search on Apple's AppStore and just got around to downloading the demo. I'm pretty much sold on it.

It basically gives you a way to keep track of every minute detail of your short story or novel as you write it: chapters, scenes, characters, settings, etc. are all there with a click of the mouse. It also lets you access any and all research/resource material (images/websites/etc) all within the program itself. No more jumping from window to window. Oh! Did I mention it compiles your work into perfect manuscript format however you want it (.doc, .docx, .pdf, it even has kindle format)... specific to Critters, it will compile a .txt file.

I'm really in no way, shape, or form associated with Scrivener. All I know is keeping track of my characters and what not with notebooks/word documents was tedious and getting in the way of what I sat at my computer to do, which is write. So far Scrivener has been a godsend, so I figured I'd share it with my fellow writers.

Here's the website... http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php
crit25914
Name: Paul Guardino
Sprout

Re: Scrivener program

Postby crit25590 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:43 pm

I found this program, too, used the free demo and bought it before the 30-day trial was up. I love it! All my notes in one place, in one open document, with no more flipping between docs or shuffling (and losing) slips of paper with important notes. Is it necessary? No. Is it wonderful for the way I think and write? Yes.
crit25590
Name: Mary Garber
Sprout

Postby crit26345 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:29 am

I've been using yWriter, which has a lot of those features, and it's free: http://www.spacejock.com/yWriter.html
crit26345
Name: Adrienne Wren
Sprout

Postby crit30040 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:52 am

Hi! I'm new to the forum here, just joined today.

It's a great program. Great for organising novels, short stories, you name it. I've found it really useful as a college kid because it does MLA and Chicago formatting for you, gives you less to worry about. Highly recommend.

I bought it on a sort of self-indulgent streak.
crit30040
Name: Alyssa Motylinski
Sprout

• Ads

Return to Lounge