I guess this is where one says 'HI'

Any sort of discussions. Levity yes, flames no.
  • Ads

I guess this is where one says 'HI'

Postby TerishD » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:24 pm

Now this is a change for the better. I lurked on the previous forum, but it was not very friendly. Seeing this advance, I felt a need to go ahead and show my support by actually registering.

I am a writer that has posted tales to the internet for years. I like the variety that is available on the internet, both as a writer and a reader. What I find in the bookstores is redundant and stale, but I can surf the net never knowing what ideas I might stumble across or how they are presented. I like that.

I have critiqued stories here for a few years. I don't always post my conclusions, as the administration gets a little annoyed when I rant. Let me say however, that I prefer the tales found here to those found in the bookstore. All those tales in the bookstore do is get me angry about having spent my money. Most of what I read here causes me to think (thus, my rants). Anyway, I will try to liven up these boards.
Actively engaged in a fight to restore creativity to writing.
TerishD
Sprout
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:14 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: I guess this is where one says 'HI'

Postby Omniscient POV » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:39 am

TerishD wrote:Now this is a change for the better. I lurked on the previous forum, but it was not very friendly. Seeing this advance, I felt a need to go ahead and show my support by actually registering.

I am a writer that has posted tales to the internet for years. I like the variety that is available on the internet, both as a writer and a reader. What I find in the bookstores is redundant and stale, but I can surf the net never knowing what ideas I might stumble across or how they are presented. I like that.

I have critiqued stories here for a few years. I don't always post my conclusions, as the administration gets a little annoyed when I rant. Let me say however, that I prefer the tales found here to those found in the bookstore. All those tales in the bookstore do is get me angry about having spent my money. Most of what I read here causes me to think (thus, my rants). Anyway, I will try to liven up these boards.
Howdy, & Welcome to the forum.

I haven't bought any SF/F in years. I like the old reliable SF/F authors. These days I read Vince Flynn. I have crossed over into other genres. Flynn is pretty good for a thriller writer. I'm so busy reading stuff pertaining to the support group I facilitate, that I don't have much time to read fiction.
"Horses are God's apology for men"
User avatar
Omniscient POV
Name: C.S. Miller
Sapling
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:52 am
Location: Virginia

Re: I guess this is where one says 'HI'

Postby crit19292 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:26 pm

I guess that I am saying 'HELLO' to myself. The forums have undergone a change since I posted this. It is now set up to use my Critters ID.

Having said that, let me say "Thank You" to Omniscient POV. By the way, I like that name, as I also enjoy a 'floating' POV. Such is not professional however, so I have changed the way I write. I enjoy a more cinematic feel to writing, but editors do not. Anyway, glad to see that somebody else has dropped by. I should be around more often as well.
I will not deny myself having my opinions.
User avatar
crit19292
Name: Roby Ward
Tree
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:53 pm
Location: North Louisiana

Re: I guess this is where one says 'HI'

Postby Omniscient POV » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:35 am

crit19292 wrote:I guess that I am saying 'HELLO' to myself. The forums have undergone a change since I posted this. It is now set up to use my Critters ID.

Having said that, let me say "Thank You" to Omniscient POV. By the way, I like that name, as I also enjoy a 'floating' POV. Such is not professional however, so I have changed the way I write. I enjoy a more cinematic feel to writing, but editors do not. Anyway, glad to see that somebody else has dropped by. I should be around more often as well.
HI, Roby. Glad you're here. I'm sort of floating around, flitting from forum to forum seeing what's going on. So I'm glad to see somebody speak up. I'm still learning this board.

My writing experience is slightly different as I started out as a stringer, then moved into fiction, then I moved out. Oh you like Omniscient POV, do you? I liked it too.
"Horses are God's apology for men"
User avatar
Omniscient POV
Name: C.S. Miller
Sapling
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:52 am
Location: Virginia

Re: I guess this is where one says 'HI'

Postby vashti » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Just wanted to say 'Hello' :-D

I float by whenever time allows and often give a critque or two as well - pleased to meet you all.
vashti
Name: vashti
Sapling
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:48 am

Re: I guess this is where one says 'HI'

Postby crit25292 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:09 am

If this is where one says "Hi" then I guess this is where I should be for my first post. I'm a new writer, and I'm working on my first book, which I hope I can get critiqued on this site. Wish me luck with my writing and I'll do the same for you. May your pens keep on the paper!
Take a minute, listen to some rocking music. Trust me, it will make your day a whole lot better.
crit25292
Name: Destiny Whitecotton
Sapling
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:58 am

Re: I guess this is where one says 'HI'

Postby crit25678 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:46 am

Ok, I'll say 'HI' too. Andy, here. Just joined the site yesterday and sent in my first crit. Really like the guidelines for feedback. It's always been a turn-off of mine to see criticism that isn't really helpful (constructive), and I think the guidelines are great for establishing mutual respect and support of each other's work.

So, I write fantasy with a small "f," you could say. Just a few fantasy elements thrown into the lives of "realistic" people--in the case of my work in progress--set in ancient times. I'm especially looking forward to connecting with other fantasy writers. Nothing against science fiction. I'm just not well read in that genre.
crit25678
Sprout
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:06 am

Re: I guess this is where one says 'HI'

Postby crit25670 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:34 am

Hello, my name is Lawrence. And Andy seems to be my counterpart,( even though I do not think I know him). I write 'F', and read a little 'SF'. I joined a week ago myself and sent in two critiques so far.
I am in the middle of the first 'F' novel that I am going to actually finish and try to get published. I say this because for 20 years I have been starting novels and just not finishing them. I get about 2-3 chapters into them and life takes me away from it. My fiancée Is the person who is my biggest supporter. She read my last story I wrote and said I HAD to finish one. So here I am. I love reading R.A.Salvatore, Ed Greenwood, Troy Denning, Terry Brooks, etc.
I do not know a lot about the legal and technical side of being a novelist, I just love telling good, compelling stories. I figure I will get advise for the things I will need to know when it is time. Until then, I guess I will continue to finish this novel, send it in for a little criticism, and help other writers with my knowledge along the way.
Thanks for having me. :)
Lawrence.
crit25670
Name: Lawrence Owen
Sapling
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:06 am

Re: I guess this is where one says 'HI'

Postby crit25615 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:00 pm

Except it doesn't really feel like a forum, does it? It feels more like a cave that I pass now and again while I'm tracking my bison, where occassionally I pop in to see if anyone has left any interesting doodles recently.
Often they haven't.
So it's back out into the snow again, looking for hoof-prints.

Bison have hooves, right?
crit25615
Name: Clynt Keelan
Sapling
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:13 pm
Location: Leeds, UK

Re: I guess this is where one says 'HI'

Postby Omniscient POV » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:42 am

crit25615 wrote:Except it doesn't really feel like a forum, does it? It feels more like a cave that I pass now and again while I'm tracking my bison, where occassionally I pop in to see if anyone has left any interesting doodles recently.
Often they haven't.
So it's back out into the snow again, looking for hoof-prints.

Bison have hooves, right?
A cave?? :lol:
"Horses are God's apology for men"
User avatar
Omniscient POV
Name: C.S. Miller
Sapling
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:52 am
Location: Virginia

  • Ads
Next

Return to Lounge

cron