Double Spaces Between Paragraphs

Having trouble? Ask here!
Forum rules
Note that almost all posts here are submitted via the 'help' web form.

NOTE THAT REPLIES WILL GENERALLY BE EMAILED BACK AND NOT NECESSARILY ANSWERED HERE.

Be sure to check your email junk folder for replies. If you don't get an email reply, post a followup here and we'll post the answer we emailed. :)
  • Ads

Double Spaces Between Paragraphs

Postby crit22720 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:36 pm

When I submit a critique using the 'Submit a Critters Critique' form, the critique received by the writer has a double space between the paragraphs even though I only put a single space. This happens when submitting by either the choose file or cut and paste method. I have not tried sending via email.

This is a new problem that has popped up since I upgraded to Windows 10. Courier was not on the new system so I had to download it manually. Courier New and Courier Prime were available but I didn't use them because the critter standard has always been straight Courier.

I use Courier, 12-pt and save as a regular .txt file. When I need a new paragraph I hit enter once to put the cursor at the beginning of the next line and then enter again to put in a single space.

Before submitting I check it in Notepad and it looks right. I also check it with the tool on the mscheck.ht page and it looks right, although the result notes say it’s in a format other than the critter standard.

I have tried using three different text editors (as well as two different word processors) to create the files and it makes no difference. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you have any ideas about what to do?
crit22720
Name: Bill Leonard
Sprout

• Ads

Return to Help!