SAVE THE DRAGONS

Arts related topics that don't fit in other categories.
  • Ads

SAVE THE DRAGONS

Postby Dave_Freer » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:25 am

This is the electronic version of a very old idea. Save the dragons is story-teller's bowl publishing. I'm a well-established author with 11 books in print through a major publisher (The latest, DRAGON'S RING came out earlier this month. However I find myself needing to get my family out South Africa. We have visa, and, as my family includes my pets, I will not desert them. However that means quarantine - which is expensive. I am a professional author, and my animals are my responsibility. I tried to sell another book to cover this - but in the economic downturn - not many publishers are buying, and they're buying 'bestsellers' if they do. They want the figures from the latest book before they'll buy. I can't wait that long. So with the help of several fans we have set up http://savethedragons.nu/ , Where,chapter-by-chapter we're putting up one of my books. This book is open access, DRM free and there for you to read... so far (13 chapters so far). But if you're enjoying the story and and want me to continue putting it up - well, I'm trying to collect $400 for every chapter. Like the old story-teller I stop and shake the bowl, until I have enough to do the next chapter. Anyone who chips in $25 will get a signed hardcover as and when it is published, and in the meanwhile you get to read it. All the details of how it works and what I am doing this for are up on the site.

As I said: it's DRM free - this is an electronic book available to you on trust, assuming that readers do not want to screw authors. I appreciate that times are tough, and if you don't want to toss something into the bowl, that's also your choice. I would just ask that if you are enjoying the story, and believe this is a worthwhile thing to do, that you please tell others - on blogs, twitter etc.
Dave_Freer
Sprout

Re: SAVE THE DRAGONS

Postby admin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:51 pm

Dave, sounds like a worthy project. Okay if I repost this in the Critters weekly notes?
admin
Name: Andrew Burt
Site Admin

Re: SAVE THE DRAGONS

Postby Dave_Freer » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:20 am

I'd be delighted and grateful if you did. My apologies for not replying earlier - I've been dealing with, of all grim things my mother's funeral, as well as the chaos of trying to organise the move to the island (we're moving to an island off the south coast of Australia - population around 800. -- for anyone who is curious the saga of this insanity is here - http://flindersfreer.blogspot.com/)
Dave_Freer
Sprout

• Ads

Return to Other