Self Editing Novels

Contest for the coolest ideas of things that could be. Enter! Vote! Cash prizes!
Forum rules
If you could have anything, what would be the coolest things to have? Enter your answer to a question like,

• An invention I'd like to see is _______
• The world would be a better place if _______
• It would be cool if _______

Enter as many ideas as you have (one per forum topic). They need not be your own unique idea.

Vote 1-10 for your favorites (10=best). To vote for your favorite ideas, post a message where the first thing in the message body is your numeric vote. Discuss at will. Tell people to visit http://critique.org/bestidea to vote for your idea.

$50 prize for 1st place, $25 for 2nd.

See http://critique.org/bestidea for full rules and the Leader Board.
  • Ads

Self Editing Novels

Postby secretkeeper » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:01 am

No more editing. No more rewording. No more of the nuisance of grammar, spelling and third, fifth, tenth and hundredth drafts. Just write up the novel and the self-editor would do it. Characters not quite in personality throughout the whole story? Major gaping plot holes in need of attention? Dry funny scenes that should really be cut? NO FEAR!

With the self-editing novel, it will automatically read your mind and modify characters' actions as the character develops, delete scenes as needed, and point out all those annoying gaping plot holes that ruin a perfectly good story without the writer even realizing it. Not only are you given a perfectly good story, but you do it without becoming bored with the original story.

Now I know what you're thinking. If we have self-editing novels, then anyone can write a book. Well, no need to worry about that; the self-editing novel bases its changes of the characters and plots on what is actually in your mind.

So, frustrated--bogged down with too many plots and too little time? Tired of rereading the same novel time and time again, only to find plot hole after plot hole? Then the self-editing novel is just the thing for you.
secretkeeper
Name: Abigail Isaac
Sprout

Re: Self Editing Novels

Postby crit25680 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:00 pm

10!
I know i'm writing one!
crit25680
Name: Christine Murray
Sprout

Re: Self Editing Novels

Postby crit29287 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:07 pm

Once upon a time I installed Dramatica software, which I seem to recall promised all those things and more. It asked me if the morality in my story was a thematic issue or a thematic counterpoint and, if so, how did that relate to the approach, attitude and self interest of my character. I said I didn't know. It said if that was the best I could do, it couldn't work with me.
crit29287
Name: Fiona Didlick
Sprout

• Ads

Return to Best Idea Contest